15 September 2012

What I wish I knew as a freshman


It's been 2 years since the first time I walk into my college. A lot of things in my life has changed, including myself. I learned and experienced a lot of new things that I never got when I was in high school. Friends, teacher, responsibility, and daily life in college are different compared to what I had in high school. I still remember my first day of college. I was alone and trying to look for new friends. No one guided me to go through my freshman year. Looking back at that time, I wish there was someone who guided me and told me some important things I should know as a freshman. It's been 2 years now and my college life is getting better and better. Hopefully, if you are a freshman, these posts will help you :)



1st rule : Make the most of your study

The freshman year is the right moment for you to get straight A+ or at least do your best in studying. Some of my friends will agree with this statement that the first year in college is the easiest year to get A+, but most of freshman waste this opportunity. Make the most of your freshman year by focusing on your study! Average college student who start to focus on studying since the freshman year usually get the higher GPA at the time they graduate. It's only a matter of choice :)


2nd rule : Make a goal

Even though you don't know what is waiting for you in college, it is a great choice to make a goal of your achievement in your freshman year. This will be your guidance. Write down what you want to achieve in college and how to be able to make your dream comes true. For example, I know I want to at least 3.8 GPA at the time I graduate from college and I do realize I have to study really hard to achieve my goal. By doing this, I know my priority in college and I can make better choices every day


3rd rule : Choose your friend (carefully)

Trust me, I know what it feels like to be alone and have no friends in the first day in college. However, you are going to meet a lot of new friends with different habits and perspectives. Don't be in a rush to make new best friends and get along with all people. Choose your friend carefully. The best way is might be to choose a friend that has the same goal as yours, so you will get the support that you needed in college. 


4th rule : The importance of internship

My first internship is in the middle of my freshman year, all of my college students have to do this internship. Many of my friends (including me unfortunately) don't take this internship seriously and we regret it now. Your first internship is the valuable opportunity for you to learn as much as you can and to build a good relationship with company. Prepare yourself and do your best in your first internship :)



Hopefully this post will help you and good luck for your freshman :)

24 comments:

  1. nice ♥

    ♥,
    claireteressa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. agree with your tips!
    thanks for follow and comment :D
    anyway, ngampus dimana? hehehehe
    following you back :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi! thank you for following back :D

      Prasetiya Mulya Business School, how about you?:)

      Delete
  3. Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog. I´m following you now, hope you will follow me too!
    xoxo
    Silvia
    http://bohememoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi! thank you for following me, just followed you too :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog :) Great post :))))

    It is really helpful ! :)

    RUNWAY HIGHWAY

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the follow,dear.^^
    Follow you back on gfc. Have a nice weekend and keep in touch!!!:-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear :D
      have a nice weekend too! :)

      Delete
  6. Lovely! Amazing blog :)
    I follow you, hope you follow back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Following you now too :)

      Delete
  7. Hello pretty, thank you for visit my page, i follow you now! i hope you can follow me back <3 <3 <3

    love

    www.fashionrella.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello dear, you're most welcomed, thank you for following me! I follow you too now <3 <3

      Delete
  8. Great advice, especially about studying!

    http://heydahye.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. GREAT tips, and I'm not even starting for three years.

    xx,
    J
    www.abentpieceofwire.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi just visited your blog too :) thank you! hopefully this post will help you at the time you start your college :D

      Delete
  10. hi there! nice to know you, you also have a great blog. it's a pity that i didn't read this post when i was a freshman...

    yes i'm from Jakarta :)

    thanks for following my blog, i have followed you back!

    cheers, izzaura
    THE FAD MADNESS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, nice to know you too :) thank you for following my blog back, hopefully we can keep in touch <3

      Delete
  11. Hello!
    Thank you for following my blog!
    I had a great time going through your posts!
    Your blog is great! :) <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...