22 September 2012

How to make your goals in college : part 1



I've mentioned on the last post about the importance of a goal for college student . Today I am going to show you how I make my goals in college! :)



3 kinds of goals in college

We have to make goals for every aspect of our college life and there are 3 kinds of goals that I usually make in college :

Education 
College means studying. This goal includes everything about achievement in college such as your GPA, your activities, and your scores. I usually also write about things or skills that I would like to improve this semester.

Health 
Being health is important for everyone including us. For example, this semester I make a goal to be able to sleep at least 6 hours every night and stop eating after 9pm.

Career and finance
Some college students want to have a job or an internship while they are still in college to gain experience as well as to save their money better. So, I usually make a goal about my work and personal finance (since they are always related) including what company I am going to apply for new internship and how much money I want to be able to save this semester.




brainstorming

The first step is to brainstorm and find out what you really want for your life. Grab a piece of paper and write down your goals for each aspect ( education, health, and career). As you write down everything, remember to include:

1. The benefits : write the benefits if you able to achieve your goals. For example, if your goal is to get GPA of 4.00, your benefit may be get a high-paid job or scholarship for graduate school. This is important to give your motivation as you go through the path to achieve your goals.

2. Plan : think about what you have and willing to do to achieve your goals. A goal needs a plan to be achieved. If you want to be healthier, you may willing to running every morning for 30 minutes.

3. Due date : Write down when exactly you want to achieve each goal that you've written down. 


This is my brainstorming goals layout for you :) 





This is the example of how I brainstorm and think about my goals in college. I usually make new goals at the beginning of new semester. 


Happy weekend guys! :)



Everything I write here is coming from my personal experience and knowledge that I got from many years of learning process. Please kindly ask my permission before copying my content.

2 comments:

  1. I like how detailed and specific you are in your posts, and love the way you provide easy-to-print items for students. I blog about career choice for twentysomethings and it's great to see your take on things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS - I'm at careeravoidance101.com if you ever want to stop by!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...