How do you prepare your exam? Although you have studied hard for a whole semester, if you don't have a good exam preparation there is a chance to miss some important things. Today, I am going to share some tips that I got from my personal experience. Hopefully it can inspire and help you.
1. 2 weeks before exam, create a study schedule according to your syllabus. You want to make sure that you have enough time to study all your study materials.
2. Prepare your all your study materials including books, papers, and notes 2 weeks before exam.
3. Review the homework and exercise that your professor have given to you. Try to understand your professor's style of question, there is a big possibility that he will use the same style of question for exam.
4.Make a quick notes on your desk or door to remind you to prepare all your exam supplies including pens, water, watch, and calculator.
5. Sleep at least 6-8 hours at night before exam. If you have sleeping trouble, try to do relaxation techniques.
6. Choose healthy foods for your breakfast before you go to exam. Avoid the food with high sugar level because it will make you feel sleepy. Fruits, whole wheat bread, and juice are smarter choice for your breakfast.
7. It's exam time! Be confident and focus for the next few hours. If you want to know how to stay awake at your exam, click here.
1. Too focus on one or two chapters in the beginning of your study and losing time as well as energy to study the rest of your materials. Most of teachers make one question for each chapter, so be smart in managing time to cover all your study materials.
2. Time, time, time. Study materials and topics that are not covered by professor in the class. To use your limited time efficiently, avoid study materials and topics that never be covered in the class and focus on the important points of each chapter.
3. Study for a very long periods in the day before exam without taking break. For find out more on optimal study hours, click here.
4. Lose your school papers the day before exam and waste your time to look for papers and end up borrowing your friend's papers which (again) waste your time. It is worth to have a good system of keeping all your homework and exercise papers from the beginning of semester, to see the tips of organize your school papers click here.
Do you find some inspiration? Good luck for your exam!